- Most recently we’ve been in the news following the successful launch of Oaty & Joey’s Playbarn, which includes the Highway 66 Bowling Alley with a Juke box, one of the largest play frames in Britain with number of slides including our giant 6.3m astra slide, party rooms, trampoline barn including e-cars, pool and air hockey tables and against the clock basket ball. If feeling creative, why not even make a bear and paint your own pottery?
- See recent coverage here.
Phase 1 (completed)
- Renovating the existing buildings including re-thatching the roofs
- Restoring the historic brick kilns – the basis for the amazing ‘Two Islands of Guernsey Story’ and the heritage of the kilns
- Refurbishing the restaurant into one of the Island’s top eateries
- Improving the landscaping
- New and much improved 18 hole miniature golf course with new challenges
- New signage and entrance gates
- The refurbishment of the shops and an office
Phase 2 (planning consent granted)
To create a new landscaped courtyard, surrounded by:
- Rural style, timber clad buildings to house a state-of-the-art, soft-play centre to be known as Oaty’s and Joey’s World
- The Island’s iconic and much loved airplane G-Joey will finally find a new home in the playbarn where the characters of Oaty and Joey will add to the ethos of learning by fun
- A covered external play area for trampolines and a racetrack for quiet e-cars and a synthetic ice rink at Christmas time
- The refurbished timber clad building & a new unit for retail use
- The multi-use courtyard with high quality seating
The inspiration and vision for the existing restaurant (which is now under new management and called The Kiln) and the shops derives from the Daylesford farm shop, restaurant, spa and lifestyle retail barns in Gloucestershire. The aim is to create a high quality destination for families, local people and visitors alike.
It is anticipated that this proposal will create more than 30 new jobs, secure the future or the existing businesses, aid the tourist sector and provide a happy destination for Island families.